At New Tribe we are committed to the safety of you, our staff and our community.
We STRONGLY recommend that our staff and clients get fully vaccinated, BOTH for their own protection and for that of others!
*PLEASE KEEP IN MIND NEW MANDATED COVID PROTOCOLS:
PLEASE DON’T COME TO THE SHOP IF YOU ARE EXPERIENCING COVID RELATED SYMPTOMS OR ARE SICK. WE WILL HAPPILY RESCHEDULE YOU.
YOU MUST WEAR A MASK OR FACE COVERING IN THE SHOP AT ALL TIMES. (If you don’t have one we can sell you one)
PLEASE COME TO YOUR APPOINTMENT ALONE. NO GUESTS OR +1’s.
DO NOT BRING ANY FOOD OR DRINK INTO THE SHOP.
THERE WILL BE LIMITED SPACE IN THE SHOP SO PLEASE JUST COME 10MIN BEFORE YOUR APPOINTMENT.
PLEASE USE HAND SANITIZER UPON ENTRY INTO THE SHOP.
DO YOUR BEST TO SOCIALLY DISTANCE WHILE IN THE SHOP COMMON AREAS.
TOUCHLESS PAYMENT IS PREFERRED (tap, Apple Pay etc) BUT WE WILL STILL ACCEPT CASH!
SHOP COVID SAFETY INITIATIVES
TO KEEP OUR CLIENTS AND STAFF SAFE
- Limited client capacity in the shop. Adherence to mandated client capacity limits depending on what zone we are operating in. Both the lobby and work studios are kept limited enough to safely socially distance.
- Spaced out appointment times to limit client overlap.
- Daily health checks/Covid-19 screens for all staff.
- Upgraded HVAC with premium MERV 13 anti-virus filtration system for safer air circulation.
- Hand sanitizer stations throughout the whole shop.
- Disposable masks available in the shop for a nominal fee.
- Increased intensive daily cleaning/sanitizing of high use areas and fixtures done at least 3 times/daily.
- Disinfectant spray down of entire shop nightly with DIXON mist sprayers.
- Bi-weekly professional deep cleaning of the entire shop.
- Work stations spaced out for social distancing .
- Plexiglass screen barriers at the front counter/reception.
- Clear floor markings to promote safe distancing and spacing.
- Clear and ample signage explaining shop capacity, Covid symptoms screening, hand sanitizing and other Covid-19 policies.
- Hands-free online waivers and Covid-19 screening on your own device to limit use of pens and paper.
- Hands-free online aftercare available to everyone.
- Hands-free front shop door foot handle to limit door handle touching.
- No fabric materials in the shop (work studios, lobby/reception area etc). All materials are easily wiped/sprayed down for the utmost hygiene.
- Free take-home personal hand sanitizers for all clients.
- Free phone sanitization available in-shop for clients and staff.
COVID-19 Safety Plan- Snapshot
Business Name: NEW TRIBE TATTOO + PIERCING
Date Completed: March 15th, 2021
Revision Date: June 21st, 2021
How we are ensuring all staff know how to keep themselves safe from exposure to COVID-19:
- Ensure our procedures are up to date by a daily review of Ministry of Health and Toronto Public Health
- Have notices posted and updated in common areas.
- Train staff on new procedures and guidelines when needed
How we are screening for COVID-19:
- Advise all staff and clients that they must stay home if they have symptoms that are NEW, GETTING WORSE or UNEXPLAINED (for example, not caused by an existing known condition).
- Make sure sure signage is posted stating that any person with symptoms should not enter the building!
- Pre-screen all staff and clients for COVID-19 symptoms with a digital questionnaire BEFORE they arrive at the shop.
How we are controling the risk of transmission in our shop:
- Masks worn at ALL times by staff and clients in public areas and during personal services.
(Reception area, tattoo + piercing studios, hallways etc)
- Plexi barriers implemented at front reception counter.
- Reception area furniture capacity reduced and safely spaced 6ft apart, as well as limited ONLY to direct clients next up for services.
- Work stations in the studios spaced safely 6ft apart.
- ONLY the artist and their direct clients will be allowed back in the studios. No client +1’s or guests permitted.
- High touch areas, such as door handles, debit machines, washrooms, hand sanitizer dispensers, stair ralings etc are disinfected 3 times daily on a regular schedule.
- Publicly accessible hand sanitizer stations through the whole shop including front lobby, waiting area, studios, washroom area and hallways.
- Signage is posted showing proper hand hygiene and sneezing etiquette.
- Waiver/covid screen as well as aftercare is available touch-free online through clients’ own devices.
- Face-to-face meetings are limited and online interaction is encouraged as much as possible, where possible. Necessary in-person consultations and interactions to be conducted safely at front counter behind plexi barriers or one on one at artist work station.
- Shop client capacity is 10 in PROVINCIAL REOPEN STEP 2.
- The whole shop is sprayed down nightly with disinfectant/UV Light sprayers, as part of our daily disinfectant protocols.
What we will you do if there is a potential case, or suspected exposure to, COVID-19 in our shop:
- Instruct a staff member to take a self-assessment if they call in sick, fail their COVID-19 daily pre-screen, inform us of symptoms or inform us they has close contact with someone with symptoms. They will be asked to follow any recommendations given by the online tool, including being tested and self-isolating.
- Have all surfaces that the staff member may have touched immediately disinfected and sprayed down.
*We will contact TORONTO PUBLIC HEALTH for guidance on what to do if someone develops symptoms at the shop or we are told one of our staff has COVID-19. TPH will provide instructions and advise us to do contact tracing if needed.
How we are managing any new risks caused by changes to the way we operate our business:
- Ensure all staff are trained thoroughly in any new procedures and make sure they have adequate support if they needed to self-isolate.
How we are making sure our plan is working:
- Host a regular check-in with staff and monitor amount of potential COVID-19 transmission possibilities and exposure cases in our shop.