For external use cleaning
New Tribe recommends Piercing aftercare spray.
Available at our front counter for $20
CLEANING YOUR NEW PIERCING
– Soak your piercing in warm water, and then use a Q-Tip to remove any discharge from the jewellery.
– Using a mild NON-ANTIBACTERIAL soap WITHOUT colours or perfumes. (AFTER INKED SPRAY, Glycerine soap, or Spectra Gel), clean the area and jewellery making sure to get a good lather. Do NOT Turn the jewellery.
– Rinse thoroughly so that all traces of soap are gone. Clean your piercing twice a day until healed. Don’t forget that over-cleaning can irritate the piercing too.
** NEVER USE ALCOHOL TO CLEAN YOUR PIERCING! **
***PLEASE CONSULT YOUR PIERCER BEFORE USING ANY OTHER PRODUCTS***
Rinse your piercing with ALCOHOL-FREE ANTISEPTIC MOUTHWASH after consuming anything other than water.
– Do not use a whitening mouthwash product.
– ANTI-BACTERIAL RINSE can be used twice daily.
– Popsicles and ice cubes are great for reducing swelling.
– Stick with soft foods like soup and apple sauce-slowly work your way back to harder foods.
– Abstain from vigorous sexual contact until your piercing is healed. A condom or dental dam should always be used. Prevent any contact with another’s bodily fluids until you are absolutely sure that your piercing is healed!
– Again, avoid tight clothing and remember…. PLAY SAFE!
SALT WATER SOAKS
**Once or twice a week BEFORE BED for best results**
– Add a half tsp of salt to a mug of boiling water. Let cool slightly so you don’t burn yourself (for oral piercings let the water cool completely! It should taste no stronger than a mild soup)
– Remove discharge and rotate the jewellery so the solution gets inside the hole. Soak 5-15 mins.
– Rinse away the salt solution with warm water.
BASIC RULES FOR AVOIDING INFECTION
– Never touch your new piercing with dirty hands (yours or anyone else’s)
– Avoid tight fitting clothes, lacey garments, as this can cause irritation that may lead to an infection. Also avoid catching your piercing on things. AVOID SLEEPING ON IT!
– Clean clothes should be worn at all times, or none at all depending on the piercing. Wear a breathable bra for fresh nipple piercings. The more air your piercing gets he better.
– Keep your new piercing away from your partner’s body fluids: Saliva, blood and/or sexual fluids. Avoid community swimming pools, hot tubs as well as rivers and lakes until your new piercing has healed. These can be filled with harmful bacteria that can harm your piercing.
– Eating well and getting good sleep is also important. Vitamin C and 50mg of Zinc can be taken orally to help your piercing heal and keep your immune system up.
– Drugs and Alcohol will affect your new piercing. Listen to your body and take it easy!
– SWIMMING – No swimming for 4-8 weeks after you get pierced. (Showers are ok)
SIGNS OF INFECTION ARE: Excessive redness-swelling-pain-yellow green discharge (not always present)-excessive heat.
**If these symptoms persist DO NOT remove jewellery. Follow the salt-water instructions below, soaking at least 3-5 times/daily. If the infection remains for more than 2 days contact your physician ASAP**
**IF YOU HAVE ANY QUESTIONS OR PROBLEMS PLEASE STOP BY THE SHOP **